AutoInput need help getting autoinput to work with camera app

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Damonrf, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Damonrf

Damonrf New Member

I am relatively new to forums and autoinput, and if I'm being honest, Tasker too. I watched a video about using autoinput to simulate touches off the camera shutter button within the native camera app, but when I go through the easy setup on my HTCm8, I cannot access the notifications pull-down menu to accept the tap location of camera button.

I tried to enter what I thought was the right information regarding x,y coordinates manually, but nothing happens. I'm unsure of the right format and am wondering if I'm doing it wrong. I've tried a few different ways...(x,y): 562,1523 , x,y: 562,1523, etc.. With the parentheses/without, with the colon/without, both in and out of parentheses, different spacing, but nothing I've tried so far works.

I am able to use autoinput with a third party camera app, but I like the HTC app for many reasons and would like to use it if possible.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You can use the volume down button instead of the add button in the notification :)
    So
    • Do Easy Setup
    • Open Camera app
    • Press Volume Down
    • Touch shutter button
    • The notification panel should automatically open so you can accept it now
    Hope this helps!

3. Wkdintent

Wkdintent New Member

I am actually having this issue as well. Pressing Volume down just takes a picture, so on taking the second picture by pressing the screen, nothing happens, and Autoinput doesn't recognise it. Moto Camera doesn't have a shutter button, you just press anywhere on screen.

I have tried using a couple of other camera apps; Open Camera does work, but the photo quality is noticeably lower than the default camera. And Z Camera has the same issue as the inbuilt one.

Eventually this will be built into a timelapse task for a high altitude balloon.

Moto G3, Marshmellow, unrooted.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  4. joaomgcd

That's an awesome task :D

Do you have Android N by any chance?

5. Wkdintent

Wkdintent New Member

No, marshmallow on a battered phone I bought on eBay.

I'm also getting the phone to upload it's pics to the cloud in case I can't find it; and create a log of where it travels.

6. joaomgcd

My guess is that the camera app is taking over the volume key and AutoInput can't get to it... Unfortunately without Android 7 I don't think you will be able to click it. Android N is able to click anywhere, which is great.