AutoWear Need some help, new to AutoApps

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by Nostradamefrus, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Nostradamefrus

Nostradamefrus New Member

I just got a Moto 360 and am really interested in using Tasker and AutoApps with it. I've been using Tasker for a few years, but haven't gotten into using variables. Needless to say, I'm lost with AutoApps. I didn't see a new users section, so I'm hoping this is the right place to post.

At the moment, I'm trying to create a floating notification that will play/pause Google Music on my PC through Unified Remote. I have the full version of UR that has Tasker support and already have a task set up that will do this. I've tested it manually and it works. I've also been able to create the icon, but I have no idea how to link the two.

Beyond that, I'm lost on how to actually use the AutoApp suite because I don't know where to look for variables for different things, or how to create them if certain things don't have predefined variables.

I'm sorry for asking what probably seem like dumb questions (especially if this stuff is obvious and I'm missing it), I'd just really love to be able to take advantage of these apps. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

To get started with AutoWear I recommend you go through the tutorials below the video here: http://joaoapps.com/autowear/

You'll probably get a good feeling of how it works after that.

About the other AutoApps they mostly work the same, so I would say that if you get the hang of AutoWear you'll get the hang of the rest :)

Let me know if you need more help.