AutoNotification New limit of text that can be shared to AutoNotification

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Laing, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Laing

Laing New Member

I have a workflow that shares text data from an App via the Share menu to AutoNotification, and that triggers a profile in Tasker that splits the %antext into discrete variables that I use. The amount of text that is shared is about 1200 characters. It's been working fine for a couple of months.

However today my Pixel 3XL was updated to the November 5th, 2020 security update, and my profile / tasks no longer worked as expected. On investigation, I found that the text that AutoNotification is giving to the Tasker profile in %antext is getting truncated to 1024 characters. Sharing to anything else still seems to get the full text.

Coincidentally I had read about AutoShare recently, so I downloaded that and configured a simple profile / task to see what the behavior was, and that has %astext getting all of the text.

I think I should probably change my tasks to use AutoShare, however I thought I would report the issue first.

2. Laing

Laing New Member

I switched over to AutoShare, just had to change the variable used in my tasks. As a bonus seems to run far quicker, so my Tasker profile is invoked almost immediately.