AutoInput New to AutoInput, intercept hardware inputs while display is off

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by MysticGolem, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticGolem

MysticGolem New Member

Greetings.
    I am long time user of Tasker and AutoVoice. I have paid for both apps because they do work well and do exactly the type of automation I need. My next adventure is to use AutoInput, I don't mind purchasing it either, but right now I am on the trial and trying to get it to work while the display is off (I know it doesn't).
    I have already searched on the forums if this application can work while the display is off and unfortunately it doesn't. My question is why? I understand you wrote in another thread that this is an Android limitation.
    However in Tasker I can intercept just a few Media Buttons via Bluetooth, which are Play, Previous, Next, Rewind, Fast Forward, and Pause/Stop. This even works when the screen is off, this is great, this is what I want. But I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4, rooted with Stock 4.4.4. Basically all of my custom functions with Tasker and AutoVoice work with the screen off and even when a music player is playing. I don't have an issue with Media Grabs.
    When I temporarily switched to Lollipop 5.0, when a music player is playing, Tasker cannot GRAB back the media controls, hence I need to use AutoInput. But AutoInput doesn't work when the screen is off.
    I find it interesting that Tasker Media Button works when the screen is off, but AutoInput doesn't.
    I find it interesting that AutoInput can GRAB/Intercept all hardware inputs even when music is playing and I've tested this on Lollipop and Marshmellow, but Tasker can't intercept anything when music is playing.
    Could you please provide some insight into this issue of why Tasker is able to GRAB/Intercept Media Buttons via Bluetooth when the display is off in 4.4.4 versus AutoInput that can't?

Once again I really appreciate the hard work you put into your apps, this is why I like Android so much. :)

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

MysticGolem

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi thanks for writing!

AutoInput uses an accessibility service to capture inputs and unfortunately the accessiblity service on works while the screen is on. Sorry! Wish I could help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.