AutoInput Newbie question - Samsung S5, Marshmallow - unable to get any input selected

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by scatat, Jul 17, 2016.

1. scatat

scatat New Member

I've just bought autoinput in order to try and control the Location Mode so that I can toggle between Power Saving when I am connected to Wifi and High Accuracy when I am not connected to Wifi.

I am trying to use Autoinput for this because Secure Settings does not work with Marshmallow.

I believe I have set up Autoinput correctly. However, when I try to follow videos, there are important bits of functionality that DON'T show up for when I try to select a field for Autoinput.

For example, I create a Tasker task, using the Autoinput plugin - I choose:
    - Add Action
    - Choose Plugin
    - Choose Autoinput
    - Choose Action
    - At Configuration, the Pencil
    - Easy Setup
    - Now, try to choose Settings, Location, Mode, Power Saving
    - When I swipe down to try and select this setting, I see "Selecting Field - Navigate to the app you want" - there is no Select available. I can never select the Power option I want to!

None of the documentation available or any of the tutorials are applicable to me as I don't get the available choices that the tutorials have! Most of these have been done in Jelly Bean or some older Android version.

I can try to make a screenshot - if someone can give me a way of doing so. The instructions for my phone tell me to press home and power, but doing so just turns off the screen!

Any suggestions welcome. Am completely confused about how this is supposed to work. Any baby steps for any simple demo Hello World task appreciated.

2. Robert Ryan

Robert Ryan Member

Notifications have two display states, "normal" and "expanded". In the "normal" state, the buttons and most of the text is hidden. To get to the "expanded" state you sweep downward on the notification with two fingers. This should reveal the Re-select and Accept buttons. At least that is the way it works on my phone.

Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. scatat

scatat New Member

Ah.. now that IS helpful - thanks. Yes, it works now.

: new user