AutoRemote no matching key exchange method found [preauth]

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete New Member

Hi all hopefull something stupid i have done with a easy fix :) i have had automremote working on this pc and have one on my vps working now but i tried to use the one on this PC again and it wasnt doing anything checked the auth logs on the PC and im getting the following message ?
    I can ssh from other devices using password login
    fatal: ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.2.153: no matching key exchange method found [preauth]

get the same error trying to run a command on this PC from both my phone and tablet, any idears ?

thanks pete

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you change any settings on that PC that might have changed how SSH authentication works on it?

3. Pete

Pete New Member

Nope not that I'm aware of unless a recent update changed it?

4. Pete

Pete New Member

well I fixed it time will tell what the fix breaks but ...
    I needed to add this:
    KexAlgorithms curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
    to the file:
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    and restart the service, I have to admit I have no clue what that line does or what implication adding that line has so kids dont try this at home unless someone who knows what they are talking about can say its a good idea :)

pete