Open NO notifications coming through Chrome; "Receive Push" fails

Discussion in 'Join' started by jenllip, Apr 8, 2016.

1. jenllip

jenllip New Member

For many years, I have used Pushbullet for Android notification mirroring to Chrome, but am now looking for an alternative. I tried "Desktop Notifications" by HCILab and never successfully received a notification in Chrome. Now, I am trying Join and am having the same problem; no notifications.

The Join diagnostics on Android are successful, but in Chrome they are not. "Receiving Push from server" and "Receiving Push with GCM key" both fail. Upon running GCM-Internals per the FAQ, I see "Connection State LOGGING IN," which seems like a problem.

Given that Pushbullet is the only one that has successfully mirrored so far, I wonder if it's possible that Join and Desktop Notifications use a different methodology that perhaps my office's netnanny blocks?

2. flu13

flu13 Member

Have you given those apps notification access? Settings->Lock Screen and Security->Other Security Settings->Notification Access

3. jenllip

jenllip New Member

Yep!

I did some more testing from my home network and both Desktop Notifications AND Join worked; they pushed notifications to my home computer. So, it looks like there's either something wrong with my Chrome setup on my work computer (same Chrome login as home, and the computer itself doesn't have any netnannies or blocks), OR my office's firewall/netnanny is actually blocking something (hard to tell, since it only seems to work half the time on stuff it IS supposed to block!). I guess my next step is to try on my work computer from outside the office network.

4. Gunrr

Gunrr New Member

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member