AutoInput Not Clicking on designated target

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Inigo, May 14, 2018.

1. Inigo

Inigo New Member

Using AutoInput, I am trying to create a task that will turn on mobile data by clicking on the field in the Mobile Network screen - all of the other plugins and actions don't seem to work on this custom ROM for turning data on and off. Thus the reason for creating this task. Anyway, this should be pretty straightforward and I have done similar actions in the past. However, for some reason when I get to the clicking part, most of the times, it fails here. I have tried uses x and y points, as well as text. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Here's the task
    Code (Text):

Data On - Dynamic (118)
    A1: If [ %DATA_ENABLED ~ 0 ]
    A2: Mobile Data Settings
    A3: Wait [ MS:300 Seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A4: AutoInput Action [ Configuration:Type: Text
    Value: Mobile data
    Action : Click Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A5: Variable Set [ Name:%DATA_ENABLED To:1 Recurse Variables:Off Do Maths:Off Append:Off ]
    A6: Wait [ MS:300 Seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A7: Perform Task [ Name:Clear Recents - Stock Priority:%priority Parameter 1 (%par1): Parameter 2 (%par2): Return Value Variable: Stop:Off ]
    A8: End If

2. Inigo

Inigo New Member

So, Tasker didn't have root permissions thus the reason for not being able to turn on Mobile data with the built in options. However, I would still like to figure out why this wasn't working, if that's at all possible.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Maybe try waiting a bit longer before using the AutoInput action?

: autoinput, click