AutoNotification Notification title array?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Clearlynotstefan, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Clearlynotstefan

Clearlynotstefan New Member

I'm trying to create a tasker condition to trigger a task whenever a notification title contains any one of a number of names, ie if the title contains "Justin, Irina, Jay". It seems to be looking for the exact full phrase, not any of the words. I suppose I could make separate rules for each person, but the list is pretty long and I don't think that's the right way to go about it. Can someone give me a quick walkthrough on how to set this up? Thanks so much in advance!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You should enable regex and then use something like

(Justin)|(Irina)|(Jay)

Hope this helps! :)

3. Clearlynotstefan

Hmm, still nothing. I'm sure you're busy with all these amazing apps, but can you walk me through how I might do this specifically? I couldn't get that trigger to trip... Thanks in advance!

4. joaomgcd

Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

5. Clearlynotstefan

Profile below. Note that I'm not terrible at tasker and that second condition variable is set to true when I was testing, that's not the cause of my issue. To reiterate, I'd like to trigger the tasks whenever I get an email that contains any of the words Nicole, Irina, jay, etc. in the notification title (I used capture data in your app to verify that the names are displayed in the notification title for this particular device, so it's not about the text being in the wrong place). If you could help me achieve this, I'd be thrilled and I'd show my whole office how to do the same. So hopefully sell a few more licenses for you! Haha thanks in advance!

Profile: Work Light Trigger (38)
    Restore: no
    State: Variable Value [ %WorkHomeMode eq 2 ]
    State: AutoNotification Intercept [ Configuration:Notification Title: (Jay)|(Irina)|(Joe)|(Nicole) (regex) ]
    Enter: Work Light (40)
    A1: Bluetooth [ Set:On ]
    A2: Media Volume [ Level:15 Display:On Sound:Off ]
    A3: Music Play [ File:/storage/3035-3334/Android/media/com.amazon.mp3/Bobby_Bland/The_Complete_1950's_Masters_-_Bobby_Bland/B00DQC1XC8_(disc_1)_04_-_Ain't_That_Lovin'_You.mp3 Start:0 Loop:On Stream:3 Continue Task Immediately:On ]
    A4: Wait [ MS:0 Seconds:7 Minutes:0 Hours:0 Days:0 ]
    A5: Bluetooth Auto Connect [ Configuration:Data Timeout (Seconds):0 ]

6. Clearlynotstefan

Disregard, It seems to be working now!

Now for my next quick question. Do you happen to know how I can structure a rule to check if a notification is in place for a period of time? Rather than my phone going nuts as soon as I get a message, I'd like to give myself a minute to clear the notification before everything happens. Any ideas?

7. joaomgcd

Glad it works :)

You can add a 1 minute wait for example and then use a Notification Query afterwards with AutoNotification.

: array