Open Notifications Not Working

Discussion in 'Join' started by matt11601, Mar 24, 2016.

1. matt11601

matt11601 New Member

Hello,
    Was hoping to get some help.
    Devices: 1) AT&T HTC M8. Stock ROM with Root Access, 2) Kindle HD 7, 3) Chrome Browser
    Latest Version of Join from PlayStore. Paid.

Issue: Notifications are not working. If I "write" a message from chrome or the webapp, it will not appear on my phone in the notification section. The message does appear if I open Join and check the pushes for that device, however, the title says "Clipboard." Possibly messages are being sent to the clipboard, but not in the notification area?

What I've tried:
    1) Disable and re-enable accessibility and notification access on phone
    2) Ran diagnostics and everything works
    3) Rebooted phone

Unfortunately, it's still not working. If it helps, Chrome notifications from my phone are working perfectly and so is SMS messages written from Chrome.

Thanks for a great app and any help you can offer.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. When you "write" something it's supposed to go to the receiving device's clipboard. :) No notification should appear, that's normal.
    Are you looking for a way to take a remote note of sorts?

3. matt11601

matt11601 New Member

Ahhhh I see. Yes, similar to PushBullet where you can send messages to other devices and have them appear in the notification shade.

4. joaomgcd

That is not possible right now unless you're sharing a link or a file :) You really just want to send some text?

5. matt11601

matt11601 New Member

With PushBullet I was using it as a reminder system and was trying to use Join in a similar manner. As an example, I was using PushBullet with IFTTT to push articles, info, etc to my phone.

6. joaomgcd

Thank you, that makes sense :) I'll add a feature like that to my todo list. Thanks!
    Edit: check my todo list here

7. matt11601

matt11601 New Member

Thanks a lot for the quick response and willingness to add this feature. I'm sure you're very busy with other features (and other apps), so if this feature is not popular among others, I completely understand.