AutoRemote Open URL on Chrome using TTL

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Kimon, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Kimon

Kimon New Member

Hi,

My objective is to open a URL on Chrome (running under Win10), but if Chrome is not running, have the URL open when Chrome starts next. I'm trying to use TTL parameter to accomplish this.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work whether I send the URL from Android share menu (AR option), or from a web browser. As an example, I try to use the following bookmarket from my laptop:

Code (Text):
    javascript:(function(){ var img = new Image(1,1); img.src = '[URL]http://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/sendnotification?key=MyKey&title=Link[/URL] from laptop&text=' + encodeURIComponent(document.title) + '&ttl=86400&url=' + encodeURIComponent(document.URL); })();
    Should this work? If not, would Join give me this capability?

Thanks for the help,
    -Kimon

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does that work if Chrome is already open?

3. Kimon

Kimon New Member

Sorry, the bookmarklet was a mistake. I was trying to use "Remote Open Url" from Android with TTL value set.

When the computer boots, I noticed an AR notification "Can't redirect message" (or something like that). I have Chrome redirecting messages to EventGhost. It seems Chrome is trying to forward the message before EventGhost has loaded. It seems to just be a timing issue on boot.

If I don't redirect messages to EventGhost, on computer boot, I see the AR message listing the URL, but the chrome page doesn't open (since perhaps Chrome isn't open? On boot Hangouts starts, FYI).

If the computer is running, I shutdown Chrome, send an AR with TTL set, then start Chrome (after waiting a minute), it works fine.

Thanks for the help,
    -Kimon

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. Kimon

Kimon New Member

For whatever reason, it's working under the new version of Chrome.
    -Kimon