Open Play music and Chrome notifications

Discussion in 'Join' started by blink515, May 19, 2016.

1. blink515

blink515 New Member

Anybody else have notifications from Play Music enabled and getting an obnoxious amount of popups from the Chrome extension? Is there a reason why the notification keeps coming up?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Because Google Play Music posts a ton of updates to the notification on your device when music is playing.

I tried to minimize that by not syncing notifications if the update didn't change anything in the notification content. How does it work for you? How often do you get notifications exactly?
    Thanks

3. blink515

blink515 New Member

It seems to be every 15-30 seconds I'll get 2 notifications within quick succession of each other. The first one usually is void of the album artwork and then the second notification that pops up right after will show the album artwork. That is my best guess as to why 2 notifications happen within a seconds of each other but it doesn't explain why they popup so much while the same song is playing.

Maybe if I could disable the Chrome notification pop up on a per app basis it would help. That way I could still control my music from my computer by clicking on the Join icon and viewing notifications but not have so many pop ups. Would that be possible?

4. joaomgcd

Do those 2 notifications have the same exact text and title?

Ok, I'll add that to my todo list. Thanks!

5. blink515

blink515 New Member

Yes they do have the same text and title. As far as I can tell the only thing that sometimes is different is that their won't be any album artwork. I made a video that shows the issue . Sometimes the amount of notifications can be even worse than in the video.

One thing that I did just notice is that it only seems to be doing it if I'm casting to a Chromecast device and not when I play directly from my tablet or phone.

6. joaomgcd

Ok, I've added a new option to the next release of the Chrome extension: you can now block certain apps from showing popup notifications.

Hope this helps!

blink515 likes this.
  7. blink515

blink515 New Member

Yes that will be great. Thank you