Solved Pocket Casts notification issue

Discussion in 'Join' started by MattE303, Jan 12, 2018.

1. MattE303

MattE303 New Member

"new episode' notifications from Pocket Casts don't seem to get pushed to the Chrome extension. I do have the app enabled for notifications in Join, and other kinds of notifications from Pocket Casts (eg. 'now playing') do work fine, it's just the 'new episode' ones that don't show up. Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks!

2. kinghat

kinghat New Member

i get all my pocketcasts notifications but when i dismiss them individually they dont dismiss on my phone.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this version? It'll produce logs whenever a pocketcasts notification is create and will let us know why it isn't sending it. Thanks in advance!

4. kinghat

kinghat New Member

actually, in my case if i get 1 pocketcasts notification i can dismiss it normally. if i get multiple notifications that group together from pocketcasts and i dismiss the whole lot, that is when they wont dismiss on my phone.

5. MattE303

MattE303 New Member

okay, I side-loaded the version you linked over the current one and forced "Send notifications".

Log is attached below. The new episode notification for All About Android episode "There's no there there" is an example of one that does not get pushed to the Chrome plugin on my computer. I see that this entry is marked "Not sending because isNotGroupSummary"

I think I found the problem, after turning on "Send All in Group" in the Notifications settings, it seems to have fixed the problem.

Should I remove the side-loaded build and re-install, or will it just get overwritten by the next update from the Play store?

Notification Send - 2018-01-16 22:28:24.282 - au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts: 0|au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts|21483647|null|10207: Sending notification!
    Notification Send - 2018-01-16 22:28:24.242 - Checking 4 notifications to see which are eligible to send
    Notification Send - 2018-01-16 22:28:24.242 - au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts: 0|au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts|541251|au.com.shiftyjelly.pocketcasts.NEW_EPISODE_NOTIFICATION_PRIMARY|10207:Not sending because isNotGroupSummary

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Glad you found the fix :) You can just keep that one. When a new update comes it will overwrite that version. Thanks!

MattE303 likes this.