Open Popups being sent behind window on chromebook

Discussion in 'Join' started by ForSquirel, Dec 18, 2017.

1. ForSquirel

ForSquirel New Member

Sometime within the past month or so I've been unable to 'see' and notifications being sent to my chromebook. At first I thought it was the Chrome OS updates but I'm not sure that's the issue. I can usually reboot/wipe cache/etc and I'll get the first notification but after that everything gets pushed back. I will see the notification count go up but nothing is brought to the front so unless I hear the notification sound I have no idea that a notification is being sent and many times will miss something important.

It works fine with the Chrome extension on my desktop but Chrome OS does not work as expected.

Running an Acer CB5-132T on Chrome OS
    Version 62.0.3202.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

[COLOR=var(--paper-button_-_color)][/COLOR]

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Did you maybe disable the Show standard Chrome notification popup option in the extension settings?

3. ForSquirel

ForSquirel New Member

No, In fact I've tried it with both settings and it's still the same. I can get a first message to come through and display and then everything gets shoved behind. It only started about 3 weeks ago, and I've been running all the same extensions so nothing new other than Chrome OS updates. I don't really want to do a powerwash because I've got a chroot installed and a few other things so I want that to be a last resort.

MTA: I've reset all flags in chrome://flags to default and things are working now. Not sure of the issue or if it will stay persistent but we'll see.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  4. ForSquirel

ForSquirel New Member

Ok this isn't solved but I've narrowed down the issue. The problem is with the Join extension itself but only if the notification is dismissed via the touchscreen. I'm pretty sure it's an odd bug but a bug nonetheless.

: chromebook