AutoVoice Problem Passing Commands To Yatse

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by eNon, Jan 24, 2018.

1. eNon

eNon New Member

I've gone through a tutorial for enabling Tasker to pass AutoVoice commands to Yatse, allowing you to control Kodi via a Google Home

The issue I'm having is that the commands don't seem to get passed to Yatse properly. I have searched around a bunch and have tested various things but I can't make it work properly. I'm using the following lines:

Action: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_APP_VOICECOMMAND_PARSER
    Extra: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS:%avcommnofilter
    Target: service

I set my AutoVoice command to "cinema" so I would think that I'd normally say "cinema play clerks" because when I use the voice command "play clerks" directly in Yatse, the movie starts in Kodi. When AutoVoice receives the command I see "cinema play clerks" pop-up on the screen but then nothing happens.

As an aside, I did a test by replacing "%avcommnofilter" with "pause" in the Extra field without changing anything else, and then when I send only "cinema" through AutoVoice, it successfully pauses video in Kodi.

I have seen plenty of people commenting that they made this work. I'd really love to make it happen.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your profile's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the profile in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. eNon

eNon New Member

Code (Text):
    Profile: Kodi Control - Voice (20)
    Event: AutoVoice Recognized [ Configuration:Easy Commands: cinema ]
    Enter: Kodi Send (23)
    A1: Send Intent [ Action:org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_APP_VOICECOMMAND_PARSER Cat:None Mime Type: Data: Extra:org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS:%avcommnofilter Extra: Extra: Package: Class: Target:Service ]

4. joaomgcd

Can you try making the command filter
    Code (Text):
    cinema $yatseecommand
    and then using the
    Code (Text):
    %yatseecommand
    variable in the intent?

5. eNon

eNon New Member

Thank you very much for you help Joao.

I poked around at this a lot and eventually figured out what I was doing wrong. Inside of the AutoVoice Event I was setting the command to "cinema $avcommnofilter" rather than just "cinema" and using the %avcommnofilter variable in the Task only. This is the first time I've used variables in Tasker so I'm still learning. Today I also figured out how to use variables to configure your default Volume Natural Voice profile to control my computer volume using a URI for Unified Remote. Thanks a ton for including that example volume profile. Now I just wish I could create Google Home shortcuts which allow for variables. It would be nice to be able to skip saying "Tell AutoVoice" to use these commands.

6. joaomgcd

Glad you got it! :D Yep, would be great if shortcuts supported variables. Good news is, they say they're working on it :)

: yatse, kodi, tasker, phone, xbmc