AutoTools [QUESTION] WebScreen icon/button change

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by binvius, Oct 23, 2018.

1. binvius

binvius New Member

I usually help people over on Reddit but figured as this is more specific, to pop over here as well.

As Tasker cannot remember icons/images in scenes between rom reinstalls, I thought I might try WebScreens with the 'bottom buttons' template as it allows multi selection of icons.

My current Tasker scene-based sidebars allow for the icon to change upon a press or global variable so as to show what state that toggle is in.

Do any of you lovely people know if/how to reproduce this in AutoTools WebScreen?

Huge thanks in advance if anyone can spare a few seconds.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It should work the same, with the difference that when the variable updates you have to issue the AutoTools Webscreen action again :)

3. binvius

binvius New Member

Hey buddy,

Greetings from England!

Appreciate your response. I've got the change on click sorted, it was more changing/colourizing the image based on a Tasker toggle variable, prior to the WebSscreen appearing.

I forced myself upon AutoTools Webscreens shortly after I began rebuilding my sidebar toggler that I used to have in a series of Scenes before I Ilost everything somehow. (Can't believe no one out there has ever created a GUI pretty toggler for all their Tasker projects/tasks, as I find it imperative so as to fully utilize Tasker on a daily basis - maybe I will build an app for it one day.)

Anyways, the attached image shows the beginning of the rebuild in Scenes before I started in AutoTools. Effectively the first column slides in and each button can either be a toggle or open a second column and then third, fourth and so on. With 9 rows and 6 columns, that's 100's of icons/images that need re-allocating upon each rom re-install.(Shame Android doent make it easier for the images to not require re-linking as as far as I can tell, that renders anything GUI based like Scenes, WebScreens, etc. not usable for projects like this.)

[​IMG]

Also within your 'Bottom Buttons' template, upon multi selecting a bunch of images to add as icons, they appear in random order and cannot be drag re-arranged like in the Material Tasker Plugin, so woudn't be saving any time when re-linking.

Am guessing none of this is easily achievable. I did briefly check out 'autoToolsUpdateValues(values)' from your Github but stuff like that is sadly a bit beyond my knowledge. Is that the only way to push a varible in to change an image prior to the WebScreen launch.

I can't work out if this is worth persisting with or to find an alternative solution.

Cheers for everything by the way!

4. joaomgcd

That looks like a good use case for the Floating Bar web screen, right?
    Maybe it won't look like the ones in your image though, but the functionality would be about the same :)

5. Greg W

Greg W New Member

Joao, when you say that you have to issue the AutoTools Webscreen action again when the variable updates, what's the best way to do that? If I use the variable set event in a profile to trigger the Webscreen, it will open too often when I don't need it.

6. joaomgcd

Maybe have a variable that controls if the web screen is open at the moment and then only update it if it's open?