AutoNotification Questions about Blocking

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by tboooe, Oct 25, 2017.

1. tboooe

tboooe Member

I create a profile to intercept a text messaging with a specific title. My entry task is Block then create a new notification. However, I noticed a few things I dont understand:
    1. The text message I am trying to block still shows a pop up notification. I thought Blocking would prevent this?
    2. After a second or two, the notification is dismissed and then the Autonotification I set up is executed twice! In other words, I get 2 new, identical notifications. Is this because my phone is actually created 2 notifications (the popup, then the normal one in the notification shade)? How do I block both and dont have it trigger my entry task twice?
    Here is my Profile
    Intercept, only on created notifications, notification title matching "xxxx"
    Here is my entry Task
    A1. AN Block
    A2. Autonotification

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Blocking is a permanent action. Meaning you only need to create a block once, not every time a notification is created. :) For example, you can setup blocks in the main app.

Can you try that?

3. tboooe

tboooe Member

I am not sure I understand.. What do you mean set blocks in the main app? Are you saying to just create a Block task, do not associate it with a profile, then just run it once manually?
    Also, do you have any input on my questions about the pop up notification and regular notification for my text message? How do I keep 2 new AN notifications being made for every text message?
    I know I could probably set a variable to true the first time the entry task is executed and then check for it before executing it again but I was wondering if there was an easier way.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes, that's what I mean :) You don't even need a task, just set it up in the main AutoNotification app if you want.

About the other issue, did you maybe not set the profile to only trigger on creation so it's also triggering when the notification is deleted?

5. tboooe

tboooe Member

Yes, I made sure I am only triggering on creation. I am fairly certain the profile is counting the pop up notification and the regular notification in the bar as 2 separate notifications which is why its executing the entry task twice as well. It would nice if AN could know that the pop up and notification bar are the same and just execute the entry task once. Perhaps capture the notification id and if it occurs again with X seconds ignore?

6. tboooe

tboooe Member

Not sure what happened but the double notification went away. I went into AN settings and turned on the Update option. Of course this led to a Tasker error because there was no notification to update. I then turned off the Update option and now I am not getting two notifications anymore.

: block