AutoRemote Receiving response from Tasker through REST

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by kolban, Oct 22, 2015.

1. kolban

kolban New Member

In my project, I wish to use AutoRemote to send a message to Tasker using a REST request and this works fine when I send:

http://<My Android IP>:1817/sendmessage?message=1

I find that Autoremote sends back the following JSON encoded response:

{
    "communication_base_params":
    {
    "type": "ResponseBasic",
    "fallback": false
    },
    "sender": "<text>",
    "result": "OK"
    }

What I am wanting to do is to be able to retrieve data from my phone and have that returned as a response from AutoRemote. For example ... imagine I wish to send a REST request through AutoRemote using a REST request which triggers a profile which triggers a task which queries the GPS location. It is the GPS location coordinate of the phone that I would like returned in the REST request response.

Is that possible?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

No, sorry, unfortunately that's not possible.
    The most you can do is send another AutoRemote message back to the sending device. Sorry!

3. duane1

duane1 New Member

joaomgcd, Would you be willing to provide a little explanation on why this is not possible? I find my self in need of exactly the same capability as the original poster. All my searches have come up empty. At least you have said it was impossible, but I don't know if there is a technical http protocol limitation, or just the way the app was implemented.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

It could probably be done, but I just didn't implement a way to do it :) Hope this clarifies it.

: REST, TCP, JSON