AutoRemote Registered Linux machine not connecting

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Djagatahel, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Djagatahel

Djagatahel New Member

Hi !

So, I've added a linux machine (in fact it's a mac) on my phone's autoremote with the following command :

curl "http://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/registerpc?key=AP........."the rest of my phone's autoremote key".......Qp&name=MBA&id="I've created an ID here"&type=linux&publicip=***.***.***.***&localip=192.168.*.**”

Event though the linux machine registers correctly on my phone, I can't send any message to it. I don't even get any feedback from autoremote. I've tried to send messages with both autoremote directly and tasker (the task just gets stuck on the sending action for an unlimited (it seems) time.
    I've already tried through an other app and ssh works well.

I've tried various things to solve it (mainly regarding my IP addresses) but I still can't find the issue.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    - send ssh command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

3. Djagatahel

Djagatahel New Member

Thanks, I should have thought of that ^^

There it is :

version 3.0.43
    OS Build LMY48B
    OS Code 22
    Device A0001
    Manufacturer OnePlus
    Product bacon

All - 2015-11-19 12:21:48.600 - Error sending to linux: Algorithm negotiation fail
    Out - 2015-11-19 12:21:48.582 - Error sending to linux: Algorithm negotiation fail
    All - 2015-11-19 12:21:48.208 - Sending: Text: "say "hello"" to MBA...
    Out - 2015-11-19 12:21:48.194 - Sending: Text: "say "hello"" to MBA...

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

5. Ivarson

Ivarson New Member

Hi joaomgcd. Im having the very same issue as OP all of a sudden (ran a newer debian distro on my raspberry).
    I don't get what you're reffering to. Your FAQ regarding negotiation fail refers to a post where a user wants to run a process in the background. Isnt it an issue with SHA1 not being considered secure in OpenSSH? I tried adding
    KexAlgorithms curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
    to my sshd_conf but ended out locking myself out from my Pi, so have to find my HDMI :) Any ideas?

Djagatahel likes this.
  6. Djagatahel

Djagatahel New Member

I have to agree with Ivarson, if this link is indeed related with our problem, I don't understand how it is supposed to help.
    I'm not an advanced linux user so there is a high probability I missed something essential..

7. Ivarson

Ivarson New Member

You should try the solution in the other thread here, there were additional content to add to sshd.conf that I didn't see. It'll most likely solve our issues as well.

Do note however that sha1 hashing algorithm is considered unsafe. Microsoft also switched from sha1 to sha2. On the other hand, we're not a government.. I'll be trying this myself but it would be swell if sha1 wasn't used at all. Easy to say of course. Still, <3 AutoRemote

8. Djagatahel

Djagatahel New Member

Thank you very much, it totally worked :) (and I can deal with ssh being a little less secure)

: linux, autoremote