AutoInput Remote button detection problems

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Pete_Repeat, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I recently got a different remote that came with a android media box. It has zoom + and zoom - on it. Was hoping to use those buttons to simulate pinch to zoom.

But autoinput detects both keys as "unknown" and code "0". It also detects the app switch button as the same.

I'm assuming this is because those buttons are setup for the windows shortcuts perhaps? So they are key combinations such as alt tab perhaps? And thus not detected properly by autoinput? They don't appear to do anything android either.

At the moment I can change the button code 0 to bring up the app switch menu but that means the zoom buttons will do the same thing rendering them not very useful.

I plan on testing the remote on my pc and seeing what eventghost says the keys are but I'm not at home so thought I'd throw it on here to get feedback because I'm bored at work ha ha.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try the AutoInput beta? http://joaoapps.com/beta-testing/

I think I changed it so unknown keys will not have all code 0 :)

Let me know if it works, thanks!

3. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

I believe I am already on the beta. Version 2.0.2b. Assume that's the latest beta?

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Ah, yes it is :/ Hmmm, weird that it's showing code 0 for them! Where exactly are you seeing this "0"? Thanks!

5. Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat Member

In tasker I have a flash notification come up for the aikeycode and the aikeycodename when I push any button

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016