AutoVoice Remote Recognize

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Sunrainsky, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Sunrainsky

Sunrainsky New Member

I have two devices A and B.
    I find a benefit to leaving device B at home cos when I try to send a command that activates a long sequence, parts of the sequence gets lost.
    Leaving B at home means I will send the command to device B and Device B will then activate the sequence in the speed and consistency of my network.

So I know that you can add a shortcut to Homescreen of A for Recognize for Remote device B.
    I have no problems "talking" to device B as such.

Question is, when using Google now, and I say "Ok Google, ask Autovoice to turn on Living room Lights", it will send the command to device A instead.

How can I tell Google assistant to ask Autovoice on Device B instead?

I have tried Join, and so far, it's also a workable solution. But I don't really need all the functionalities of Join.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

When you say a command to the assistant it'll send that command to all devices listed in the "Devices" section of the AutoVoice app :) Go there with Device B and it'll start receiving commands as well. Hope this helps!

3. Sunrainsky

Sunrainsky New Member

Would that cause duplicate commands?
    Like device A receive the command to turn off the light and device B also receive the command to turn off the same light.

So do I need to disable all the profiles on device A so that only device B gets the trigger?

4. Sunrainsky

Sunrainsky New Member

Would that cause duplicate commands?
    Like device A receive the command to turn off the light and device B also receive the command to turn off the same light.

So do I need to disable all the profiles on device A so that only device B gets the trigger?

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yes. If you want a command to have an effect on one device, don't configure a profile for the same command on a different device

: Autovoice