Join Request: Custom alert when X text is pushed

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by Randomacts, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Randomacts

Randomacts New Member

I recently got a dev for a program I use to add Join support over pushbullet to push alerts from that app and I have been enjoying it a lot more than the basically EOL pushbullet lol.

Anyways I am trying to find a way to have a custom alert sound went X line of text (doesn't change) is pushed over to my phone. I have owned tasker for years and would be okay with buying autoapps if it is required for this task.

On a side note is there really not a way to change the default notification sound to something besides android's default alert?

Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. You can react to Join messages in Tasker :) Check the example here.
    To change the notification sound, set it in Join's settings.

Randomacts likes this.
  3. Randomacts

Randomacts New Member

Oh cool I found the sound change setting. Your UX has always sucked but meh so do all the best devs unless they have someone helping them lol.

If anyone is finding this through search or google and the app hasn't changed you go Settings ---> Pushes --> Advanced --> Sound

I'll mess with the custom alert through tasker later and once I figure it out I'll prob make a guide for the other people on my forum that are switching over to push.

(rip the iOS people that are stuck on pushbullet lol)

4. joaomgcd

Glad you found it! :) Would be great if you could share the link to that tutorial once you've done it! Thanks in advance!

5. Randomacts

Randomacts New Member

It is a private community so a link wouldn't work but I'll post a generic version of it on the forum here once I have it figured out.

6. joaomgcd

Great :D

7. nateliv

nateliv New Member

There is one app I’ve seen before - Garage Door Sunset Monitor. There is not really a presence detection in it except for the mode selection, maybe u can find something like that..
    Bluestacks TextNow VPN

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
: Text, Alert, API