AutoTools Require your fingerprint to run an app

Learn how to protect an app so that it closes if your fingerprint is not recognized

1. mk89

mk89 New Member

I have the same problem, maybe there is a better way?

2. Lord Sithek

Lord Sithek New Member

I set everything according the tutorial and the ask for autenthication reappears on and on again. Did I do something wrong? Please help :)

Attached Files:

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Add AutoTools to the app list and it should work :)

4. davex

davex New Member

Screenshot_20190816-234111_Tasker.jpg Why im i getting denied app will now close? When it should show fingerprint option?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. scotts

scotts Member

Without setting a Timeout, the Task can be cancelled w/o fingerprint action required. Also, fingerprint is not required if the Task simply Times out.

Fingerprint (317) A1: AutoTools Dialog [ Configuration:Dialog Type: Fingerprint Title: Authentication Number Of Tries: 3 Title Alignment: Left Failed Message: failed Icon: icon-pack://com.whicons.iconpack/fingerprint_zoom Text: Use fingerprint to unlock Text Size: 20 Text Color: #FFFFFF Button Text Color: #FFFFFF Background Color: #B71C1C Dim Background: true Top Margin: 16 Bottom Margin: 16 Bottom Buttons Top Margin: 16 Bottom Buttons Bottom Margin: 16 Timeout (Seconds):10 Continue Task After Error:On ] A2: If [ %atbutton ~ 1 ] A3: Go Home [ Page:0 ] A4: End If

6. MustangDude68

MustangDude68 New Member

I have used this and had it working great, but now that I have Android 10 it appears that it doesn't work anymore. The only thing that happens is the App shuts down after 60 seconds and i get "Denied! App will close now!" Any ideas?? Thanks!

7. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you maybe try with the Authentication Dialog action in Tasker instead?