AutoInput Roadblock, won't recognize field

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Carla Ruigh, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

I am working on an app to allow me to enter my food into a diet tracking program verbally. This is my first tasker project. I've made pretty good progress. I have a a profile " I ate (%amount) (%measure) of (%food) for (%meal) today. Tasker successfully opens the application, navigates to the add food screen, clicks on the "favorites" tab (a list of my favorite foods), pastes the variable (%food) into the search box, and clicks on the (%food) item that comes up on the search. This last task takes me to a food detail screen where I should be able to enter the quantity, measure (i.e. oz), and click on which meal, (breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack). Problem is that everything that has worked so far doesn't work on this screen. I can't get it to click on any of the meal tabs, the amount, or the measure. I'm doing an AutoInput action. I've tried click, long click, focus, etc. I also tried putting "Lunch" in the Nearby text section. Nothing works. When I run it it just gets to this screen and stops. Seems odd that this screen would be any different than all the others. Suggestions? Thanks -cjr-

2. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

A little more info. I used the UI Query, which if I understand correctly gives me a list of all the features on the page. The four boxes for the meals do not appear on the list anywhere. And I don't see any odd items that might be be those items with odd names. I know I'm not using the correct language here... still a beginner... But, it's as if those four select items, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack don't exist. Hope this makes sense..

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there.

Unfortunately not everything is created according to best practices which makes not everything work with AutoInput actions. You should contact the developer about it :) More info here: http://joaoapps.com/autoinput/faq/

Hope this helps.

4. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

Thanks, sent an email, we'll see if I get a reply. So, is the fact that the UI query doesn't show those items confirmation that they are not accessible, so this isn't a problem with my coding... so no point in trying anymore for this screen?

5. joaomgcd

About the UI query I've added the ability to get more stuff in the beta: http://joaoapps.com/beta-testing/

Can you try that please?
    About the clicks, since you could get everything else to work, I'm guessing you know how the app works, so if that's not working, then it must be the app's fault :)

6. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

Thanks, I'll look at the UI query beta later tonight. I made another discovery accidentally that might work.When I do an AutoInput action with "Nearby text" set to the value in the quantity field, It will then find that field and select the text. Cool, then I can paste the quantity I want in the field. But, since the default quantity changes depending on which food is selected, I can't just set the "Nearby text" to a specific value. I am trying to figure out if I can run a UI Query and set a variable for the field. I'm trying to see if I can create a variable with UI Query for this field, then use that variable in an AutoInput action in the "Nearby text" field. I've searched for hours on this, and just can't find the answer. I tried setting a variable "com.sparkpeople.androidtracker:id/fd_servingvalue =:= amount" The variable %amount is then available to me, but when I "Set Clipboard" to "%amount"... there is no value there. Next step is a paste, and it just pastes %amount... I don't mind reading through the tutorials, but I just can't find one on UI Query..... I appreciate your help on this. -cjr-

7. joaomgcd

8. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

Thanks Joaomgcd, I actually found that tutorial after I posted my message, but I couldn't get it to work. Seemed the problem was at the map page. But, I'm using the Beta version now, and it appears to be working. I have to work on this more later tonight, I'll let you now how it goes.

9. Carla Ruigh

Carla Ruigh New Member

The beta version worked to be able to click on the 'meal' button, and also to select the 'serving size' field. I had a little trouble with it, but finally got to where I could paste the variable %varhowmuch in that field. When AutoInput selects the "serving size" field, the soft keyboard pops up. Right now I haven't been able to select the 'check' field to save the entry. Don't know if that is because the keyboard is popped up. But, as far as the Beta version goes, it is doing that trick to select the fields I couldn't select with the non-beta version.

QUOTE="joaomgcd, post: 4295, member: 1"]Here's a tutorial on UI Query: http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/send-google-maps-route-info.82/ :)
    Let me know how it works[/QUOTE

10. joaomgcd

Awesome :)