AutoTools Samsung Oreo Night Mode

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Tordp, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Tordp

Tordp New Member

After updating my Samsung S8 to official 8.0 Oreo I can no longer use Autotools to change night mode. Autotools runs alright and changes twilight_mode 0/1 accordingly (checked with adb shell settings list secure command) but nothing happens on the screen. Is there anything else Autotools needs to do in order to make it work with Samsung Oreo? Manually toggling night mode in settings works of course.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. Tordp

Tordp New Member

I downloaded and tried the new version to no avail. It toggles the twilight_mode setting like before but the screen stays the same. Unfortunately the secure settings assistant couldn't find the setting when I activated night mode from the settings app or quick setting tiles.

I however did found out that manually activating night mode in the settings app didn't change the twilight_mode secure setting. It stayed the same no matter if night mode was activated or not. I don't remember if that was the case in Nougat as well, but I could then activate night mode by just toggling twilight_mode on or off with AutoTools.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try finding out the setting with this?

5. Tordp

Tordp New Member

I found it thanks to your method! It is named blue_light_filter under system settings. I can use value 0 and 1 to turn night mode on or off, but using 3 doesn't work for toggling so I guess it's an int input type. It works perfectly with adb shell command however I get this error when I try to set the same value using Custom Setting in Autotools:

00.36.57/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoTools Secure Settings / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 6 bundle keys
    00.36.57/E AutoTools Secure Settings: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autotools/com.joaomgcd.autotools.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    00.36.57/E add wait type Plugin1 time 60
    00.36.57/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    00.36.57/E add wait task
    00.36.57/E Error: 1185377229
    00.36.57/E Can't change setting on this device: You cannot keep your settings in the secure settings.

I tried all available Input Types and still got the same error every time. I granted secure settings and change configuration permissions to Autotools with adb right after updating to Oreo.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018