AutoWear Screens Created from Tasker Not Working Properly

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by keith.adams, Feb 3, 2016.

1. keith.adams

keith.adams New Member

My AW screens are being instantiated by Tasker but do not work properly. When I edit them in the AutoWear phone app and save changes, they'll be working as intended. If Tasker creates the screens, then they won't work properly until I edit/save them in the AutoWear app. Here's the set up:

1. AW Button screen, with button that sends command "brightness_list".
    2. AW List screen that opens on command "brightness_list". 5 options that send command "brightness_5" to "brightness_1"
    3. AW Settings that set brightness, set on command "brightness_5" to "brightness_1"

I hit play button in Tasker to build all the screens. AutoWear app shows all screens exist on my watch. All buttons confirmed to send correct message but nothing occurs afterwards. After editing something trivial in AW app (like turn on/off haptic feedback), the desired functionality occurs.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please export your task's description (not xml) so I can take a look? Long-click the task in Tasker->export description Thanks in advance

3. keith.adams

keith.adams New Member

Sure, thanks! Brief explanation:

A1-A5: 5 AW Settings that set brightness levels
    A6: AW List to choose above settings
    A7: AW Button where 1st button brings up above AW List

Code (Text):
    AutoWear Test (27)
    A1: AutoWear Settings [ Configuration:Brightness Mode: Don't Change
    Brightness: 255
    Command to execute: brightness_5
    Name: brightness_5 Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Settings Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A2: AutoWear Settings [ Configuration:Brightness Mode: Don't Change
    Brightness: 204
    Command to execute: brightness_4
    Name: brightness_4 Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Settings Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A3: AutoWear Settings [ Configuration:Brightness Mode: Don't Change
    Brightness: 153
    Command to execute: brightness_3
    Name: brightness_3 Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Settings Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A4: AutoWear Settings [ Configuration:Brightness Mode: Don't Change
    Brightness: 102
    Command to execute: brightness_2
    Name: brightness_2 Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Settings Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A5: AutoWear Settings [ Configuration:Brightness Mode: Don't Change
    Brightness: 51
    Command to execute: brightness_1
    Name: brightness_1 Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Settings Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A6: AutoWear List Screen [ Configuration:Labels: 5,4,3,2,1
    Header Text: Brightness
    Commands: brightness_5,brightness_4,brightness_3,brightness_2,brightness_1
    Screen Mode: Turn on
    Animation: Slide from right
    Trigger Event: true
    Haptic Feedback: true
    Command to show: brightness_list
    Name: List Screen Test Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear List Screen Timeout (Seconds):20 ]
    A7: AutoWear Buttons Screen [ Configuration:Align: Center
    Column Count: 4
    Button Size: 75
    Button Margin: 10
    Commands: brightness_list,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16
    Long Tap Commands: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16
    Icons: android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_brightness_medium,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_guitar,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_brightness_medium,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_rating_important,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_bluetooth,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_social_share,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_network_wifi,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_hardware_headphones,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_location_web_site,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_aaa_ext_dropbox,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_alerts_and_states_airplane_mode_off,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_content_save,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_social_chat,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_hardware_phone,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_hardware_keyboard,android.resource://net.dinglisch.android.taskerm/hd_device_access_call
    Background Color: #FF0A007A
    Screen Mode: Keep on
    Animation: Slide from right
    Show Confirmation: true
    Show Now: true
    Vibration Pattern: 0,333
    Trigger Event: true
    Haptic Feedback: true
    Command to show: showButtonScreenTest
    Name: Button Screen Test Package:com.joaomgcd.autowear Name:AutoWear Buttons Screen Timeout (Seconds):20 ]

4. keith.adams

keith.adams New Member

Think I narrowed it down while combining them into one Tasker Task. If I leave "Advanced>Open Now" unchecked, then the screen will function properly.

I tested it with Single, Button, and List. None of the actions will work when "Open Now" is checked unless I edit & save in AutoWear app. Unchecking "Open Now" in the plugin configuration seems to fix the problem.

5. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it makes sense not to open them in that task right? :) If you're creating a bunch of them you won't want to see them all rapidly one after the other. What should probably also fix it is setting the timeout to 0 on each action because otherwise Tasker will wait for a command on the screen to advance the task. Glad you figured it out!

6. keith.adams

keith.adams New Member

Just to clarify, only one screen had the "Open Now" option checked and it was the last.

Basically, if I use Tasker to build a single screen and check "Open Now" then it will not work. None of the commands it sends will trigger anything in the watch. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if it has to do with Tasker waiting for a response, but it's worth knowing. Also, setting the timeout to 0 also didn't seem to fix it.