AutoRemote Sending message from smartphone to PC

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by alone, Nov 16, 2016.

1. alone

alone New Member

I'm trying to send a message from a smartphone (LP 5.5.1) to a PC (Windows 7 Professional) with ARlite 3.0.43; the other way works flawlessly.
    In Taskers' task I use an action from the ARlite plugin -> Message and I pick-up the name of my PC; in the "Device" field I see: <my PC name>: pc; Local IP: <my IP wifi network>; Public IP: <my static public IP>

If I send the test message from the smartphone to the PC a popup appears saying "Retrying (1/5)..." until "Retrying (5/5)" .No additional information on AR log, Tasker log or %err and %errmsg variables. Same behavior if smartphone and PC are on the same wifi network or the smartphone is directly connected to internet.

If I tick the option "Skip Wifi" in AR settings->Advanced, everything works well ONLY IF smartphone and PC are on the same wifi network; if the smartphone is directly connected to internet I have the same problem as before.

I must be doing something wrong; what ?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this in AutoRemote:
    - clear logs
    - enable system logs
    -do command
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

3. alone

alone New Member

No, thanks, it's not needed anymore: exactly while you were answering to me I reminded that probably (please don't laugh) I had to open a port in the router. I did that and...everything is working like a charm!!!

If you confirm that this action on the router was needed (in this case, although it's obvious, I suggest to add it in this tutorial, just for people...like me!) we can close as solved this TD.

Let me add that I'm impressed by both your professionalism in writing apps AND your support to the users. Although ARLite could be more than enough for me, I'm going to buy for sure the full version: it's a well deserved beer, thanks a lot!

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much :) Glad you got it!