AutoVoice Setting Command Filter

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by SmartValley, Feb 17, 2017.

1. SmartValley

SmartValley New Member

I am having troubles setting up Command Filter. I followed tutorial from your friend Ryoen Deprouw (@broesie) and it's all working for me very nicely. I just have one problem. I want to set up command filter in a way that there is no word needed between two groups.

Right now, my filter looks like this (using regex) with a word between two groups:

(?<task>.+) my (?<device>.+)

where task is "turn on" and device is "livingroom light".

Because I also want to use AutoVoice in my native language, I'd need the filter to be without that middle word (word "my" in my example).

I just want to say: "Turn on TV". "Turn on" would be (?<task>.+), "TV" would be (?<device>.+). I tried setting up command filter like this, but it doesn't work

(?<task>.+) (?<device>.+)

I would also be happy if I could set up filter in a way that it would only listen for "(?<task>.+)" and "(?<device>.+)". For example, instead of having to say exactly "Turn on my livingroom light" I could say e. g. "Could you please turn on living room lights immediately."

So if my command included "turn on" and "livingroom lights" no matter what else I would say besides it it would work.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. SmartValley

SmartValley New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I somehow managed to solve it.

In my task I now use ~R (matches regex) so now I can say whatever I want however I want but as long as it includes those to words that match regex, tasker knows what to do. So in my case there is a word to "Turn on" and "name of the room" and tasker therefore knows in which room to turn on the light.

I somewhere read that Natural Language will require a monthly subscription - is that true for AutoVoice as well?

4. joaomgcd

Nope, the subscription is only for those who use it with Google Home :) If you use it just locally the subscription is not needed.

5. SmartValley

SmartValley New Member

Oh, that is just awesome. Great work with all your apps, I'll be sure to try Natural Language.

6. joaomgcd

Yep, it's really a game changer for me!

7. Davide Gavagnin

Davide Gavagnin New Member

Hi, I have the same goal, can you explain how you did it? Thanks.