AutoInput Shutdown Dashcommand App

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by frost, Jun 20, 2019.

1. frost

frost New Member

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

APPLICATION: Car tablet running Android. I need to shutdown an app called Dashcommand every time the USB disconnects because the app in question will not let the screen timeout and shut off.

STATUS: Using "Automate It" I've been able to have the screen shut on and off on USB Connect / Disconnect. The Dashcommand app remains an issue when running.

For the life of me, I cannot find a solution for this seemingly simple problem. I paid for AutoInput thinking it was the answer here, but I can't seem to get it to work. The EasySetup option does not collect any data (unless I'm doing something wrong), and when going through Manual Settings and selecting 'Click' as my action with the Field Type set to Text and Field Text set to "Exit" (the button I want pressed), I get the following error -- and of course the app does not close:

21.23.24/ActionArgBundle key: NearbyText: replace <null> String value with null
    21.23.24/ActionArgBundle key: TextToWrite: replace <null> String value with null
    21.23.24/ActionArgBundle key: StoredAction: replace <null> String value with null
    21.23.24/ActionArgBundle key: Password: replace <null> String value with null
    21.23.24/E FIRE PLUGIN: AutoInput Action / com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING: 13 bundle keys
    21.23.24/E AutoInput Action: plugin comp: com.joaomgcd.autoinput/com.joaomgcd.autoinput.broadcastreceiver.BroadcastReceiverFire
    21.23.24/E add wait type Plugin1 time 5
    21.23.24/E add wait type Plugin1 done
    21.23.24/E add wait task
    21.23.29/E Error: null

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. frost

frost New Member

Anyone?

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does maybe using the Back action in Tasker help?