AutoInput Simultaneous key press to trigger a task

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by mordy111, Dec 4, 2016.

1. mordy111

mordy111 New Member

When i try setting this up it triggers the task even when only one of the two buttons are pressed. Is there a setting I need to toggle to make it only trigger when both buttons are pressed simultaneously?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. mordy111

mordy111 New Member

I see one reply to this but nothing showing. Did someone answer this?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

3. bmello777

bmello777 Member

I'd love to know the answer to this as well. Initially, I thought I could set up two events in the profile to trigger the task, but that can't be done in Tasker. At least, not 2 "Events".

In my case, I'm trying to setup Search + A to view my recent apps menu. (On Nvidia Shield TV w/ DirecTV Remote using Flirc IR Dongle).

When I select "A" and "Search" from the menu, anytime I type the letter A, the task executes.

I've also tried setting up another profile that sets a variable (%FlircToggle - On) when "Search" key is "down" and an IF statement in my profile containing the "A" Key (only) being pressed to only execute task IF %FlircToggle is On, but it didn't work.

Update - I see that this "Can't Be Fixed" - bummer. I wish Android didn't get rid of the Quicklaunch option. In previous versions of Android, I could find these QuickLaunch settings from Nova and assign any app or shortcut to the Search + <Any Alphanumeric Key>. Sort of like "Hotkeys". I can't find it or a suitable replacement anywhere!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017