Open SMS Contacts/Messages Not Showing in Chrome

Discussion in 'Join' started by Jabrony, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Jabrony

Jabrony New Member

Hello. I recently purchased this app and am having trouble on one of my Chrome browsers. My work PC is constantly displaying "Enabling SMS remotely now, please wait..." I am not able to see any of my previous text messages nor any of my contacts on this window. My home PC displays these correctly.

A few things I have tried so far based on other threads with similar issues.
    I have tried removing and re-adding the extension and doing the same with the Android app. I have tried "resetting" Chrome and even reinstalling the program completely. I ran the diagnostics tools on both devices and everything checks out. On my phone it does display "Getting messages from system" randomly throughout the day. It has been several days and I have not been able to get this to work. Thanks

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Are you maybe selecting a different SMS device on your PC? Try going in the Devices tab, selecting your phone and then "Send An SMS Message". Hope this helps.

3. Jabrony

Jabrony New Member

Thanks for your reply. This happens when I choose "Send an SMS Message" from my only linked cellular device. When I click this I get the message "Enabling SMS remotely now, please wait..." and on my phone it displays "getting messages from system" Unfortunately, this never actually fetches the messages on my Chrome device and I am stuck in this loop. Throughout the day I am able to receive text messages (notification on Chrome device) but I am not able to initiate a message myself as my contact list is not ever being displayed.

4. joaomgcd

What happens if you run diagnostics in Join on that problematic phone?

5. Jabrony

Jabrony New Member

Good morning. I did mention in my original post that I ran diagnostics on both devices and all the tests passed. Here is a brief re-cap of my problems. Join is not displaying my contacts under "send and SMS", it only displays the "enabling sms" message i quoted earlier. I am able to reply to SMS messages that I receive throughout the day but since I am not able to see my contact list, I am unable to imitate the message from Chrome. When replying to the SMS that pops up, all my previous replies are hidden and only the sender's messages are being displayed. Thanks

6. joaomgcd

Thanks. Can you please try disabling and re-enabling the Join SMS Service in the Android App > Settings > SMS And Phone Calls? Thanks in advance.

: SMS, JOIN