Open SMS Error

Discussion in 'Join' started by paulr24, Jan 4, 2017.

1. paulr24

paulr24 New Member

I installed Join on my Nexus 6p and Chrome on my PC yesterday and have been having SMS issues. On the phone side when I click "Remote SMS" it just swirls. When I run the diagnostic test it seems to get through most of the way and then struggle at "testing get contact and SMS info," but at one point it did succeed for me. On the Chrome side of things if I click on the Join extension and then "SMS/Phone I get:

Error: Error downloading SMS files: Error: File doesn't exist on your google drive: lastsms=:=0e48f59ce5034442af7b9c3f00a0aa63

Make sure the SMS Service is enabled on this device in the Android App -> Settings -> SMS.
    If it is, go back to the devices tab here in Chrome, click on your device and select 'Send an SMS message' to re-select your device.

When I right-click the SMS page -> inspect then go to the console tab here is what I see:

Error: File doesn't exist on your google drive: contacts=:=0e48f59ce5034442af7b9c3f00a0aa63
    at Object.errorPromise (utilsobject.js:60)
    at googleDriveManager.js:59

and

Error: Error downloading SMS files: Error: File doesn't exist on your google drive: contacts=:=0e48f59ce5034442af7b9c3f00a0aa63
    at Object.errorPromise (utilsobject.js:60)
    at sms.js:143

I assume this is a Google Drive sync issue? I see Join related folders/files in Drive but it looks like there may be some missing since there aren't many and they're really small. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the trouble. Can you please try with this version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9787157/apk/Join.apk

Then in the android Join app go to settings -> SMS And Phone Calls -> disable service and re-enable it.
    After that's done, in chrome go to the devices tab, click on your device and then Send an SMS Message. Does that make it work again?

Thanks in advance

3. paulr24

paulr24 New Member

Thanks for the response! I installed the version you linked to on my phone and tablet (and disabled and re-enabled the service like you said), and that seems to be helping but things aren't perfect just yet. In Chrome I'm now able to go to the SMS/Phone tab and see contacts/texts but it doesn't seem to be keeping up to date. I'm looking at my most recent conversation and it hasn't synced the latest messages sent/received on my phone a little over an hour ago, and hitting the refresh button at the top doesn't do anything.

Also on my tablet when I go to Remote SMS it just spins. I think we're getting close though! I do have a ton of texts on my phone so hopefully that isn't contributing to the sync issues.

4. joaomgcd

Did you enable Chrome in the SMS Devices option in the Android app?

5. paulr24

paulr24 New Member

Yes I did enable that, and actually it appears to be working in Chrome now! Now if we get the tablet working I'll be good to go! The Remote SMS page still just spins.

6. joaomgcd

Is the version I linked to above also installed on the tablet?

: sms problem