Open SMS functionality stopped after I purchased the app

Discussion in 'Join' started by pan0phobik, Jun 2, 2017.

1. pan0phobik

pan0phobik New Member

My trial ended and I bought the Join app. Soon after this, SMS stopped working. I have no SMS history showing in the Chrome extension post-purchase. I tried to send through the extension and nothing would send. I tried syncing the SMS data and it just sat and spun saying
    "Seems that the SMS service was not enabled for this device or that some files were not synced.

Enabling SMS remotely now, please wait..."

I've disabled and re-enabled SMS multiple times and nothing seems to be helping. Really starting to wish I had saved my money. App was FLAWLESS up until this point.

2. Jatari

Jatari New Member

Maybe try to reinstall?

pan0phobik likes this.
  3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, that is not related to purchasing the app at all, must've been a coincidence. Were you able to get it to work now?
    Sorry for the trouble.

pan0phobik likes this.
  4. pan0phobik

pan0phobik New Member

I've uninstalled on the phone and in Chrome on the desktop and now I have no connectivity at all between the devices through Join.

Edit: I take that back. After I re-installed on Chrome on the desktop, it showed up as a device on my phone, but I still have no SMS activity and can't send pushes.

5. pan0phobik

pan0phobik New Member

Chrome is seeing no devices whatsoever.

6. pan0phobik

pan0phobik New Member

Also my apologies for the excessive saltiness in my original post. Just was very frustrated because I love this app so much. Everyone raved about Pushbullet and how great it was but it NEVER worked for me so I was ecstatic to finally have this experience with this app so I'm just very disappointed

7. pan0phobik

pan0phobik New Member

Anyone have any other suggestions for me? I still have no connectivity between Join in my browser and on my phone. Thanks in advance.

: sms