Open sms problem

Discussion in 'Join' started by pandele, Jul 4, 2018.

1. pandele

pandele New Member

hello there,
    i have a big problem
    1. When im writing a sms from chrome its not showing up on my phone Messaging app,im only seeing the sms from the person thats typing back to me(I only see a notification that i am sending a sms to a phone nr.)
    2. After refreshing the join on chrome all my sms that i did wrote from chrome are gone . Im only seeing the sms that i did typed from phone . Nothing else.. this sucks....i hope i can get my money back

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. Most probably the SMS app you're using doesn't use the standard android SMS database. Switch to an app that does and it should work properly.

3. pandele

pandele New Member

i'm using the defaul app sms (huawei p10+). Should i install google sms?

4. joaomgcd

Yes please :) Can you try that?

5. pandele

pandele New Member

no its not working .. what im writing on chrome stays on chrome :)))

Attached Files:

6. pandele

pandele New Member

now its worse i cant even see the sms that im typing from phone....in chrome

7. pandele

pandele New Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  8. pandele

pandele New Member

so... im geting help or i get my money back.. or ill have to wait for a new version?

9. joaomgcd

Sorry, I don't think it's something I can fix. The messaging app should be reading the SMS from the same database as Join. Maybe huawei has a different way of handling things? Does it help if you reboot your device and then disable and re-enable the SMS service in Join -> Settings -> SMS And Phone calls?

10. Eggsackli

Eggsackli New Member

I have the same problem on a Huawei p9 mate pro

11. Zoono

Zoono New Member

Hello, the same issue here, Huawei P20 Pro and Handcent SMS. It was working and suddenly it has stopped. I'm on beta version of Join.

12. joaomgcd

As I mentioned above, it's not something Join can fix, sorry! The only alternative is using a different SMS app.

13. baikunz

baikunz New Member

Hi guys I just switched to a new phone and I'm facing the exact same problem. Everything is working just fine except that every SMS's I send through Join for Chrome are delivered but not displayed anywhere.
    I made some quick searches, and figured the problem is not related to Join itself (that's too bad because I know it would be quickly fixed otherwise). Unfortunately the issue is related to all Huawei / Honor branded phones, actually it seems to be related to EMUI. I just switched for a Honor 9 Lite.
    It seems to be a well-known "bug" for quite some time now. I found some posts related to this issue from 2015. Some people are concerned because it could mean that a third party could send SMS's on your behalf without you even noticing it... Strangely other chinese devices seems to suffer this same "issue". Let's hope it's just a bug.

Anyway for those interested, I found a workaround. On your phone, in the Join app, you have an option to send SMS as MMS. Obviously all your SMS will now be sent as MMS but they will show up in your phone !

14. joaomgcd

Thank you very much for sharing that :) Hopefully it will help out other folks.

: bug