AutoVoice [SOLVED] AutoVoice Recognize via Google home?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by vemeno, Jan 25, 2019.

1. vemeno

vemeno New Member

Hi! Im trying to help a bunch of people make a profile for sending SMS using Google Assistant via Google Home. I tried posting this on the subreddit, but didnt receive a satisfactory answer where someone could confirm that it could work or not.

Im not very skilled at Tasker, but Ive somehow actually managed to get it all working from scratch via Google Assistant on the phone. However, the goal is to get it working on the Google Home alone.

This is what Ive configured:
    • User asks Autovoice on Google Home to send a text

• AutoVoice Recognize on the phone asks the user for the name of the contact

• AutoVoice Recognize on the phone then repeats the contact and asks for content of message
    This is done using several instances of Recognize tasks. Is it possible to force Assistant to ask via the GH instead of on the phone?

Ive spent a long time searching for an answer with no luck. I would use natural language, but AutoVoice unfortunately wont accept Norwegian language even though its supported by Android and Dialogflow.

Thank you.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

The way to do this would be using Natural Language. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add Norwegian to Natural Language yet, sorry, you're right... But you also can't use AutoVoice at all in Google Home in Norwegian, right?

3. vemeno

vemeno New Member

Thanks for your reply, and no worries man! You replied to me in the suggestions section of the forums where I offered to help translate Natural language into Norwegian. I will do it asap and get back to you.

Sending text via Google home isn't officially supported in Norway, and it's a feature people keep asking for in a unofficial FB group for Google home in Norway. If I get this to work then I really hope it will result in a little spike in sales for you. I'll at least donate a cup of coffe to you as a token for my appreciation for your awesome work and support.

I am already using AutoVoice with the Norwegian voice engine/language code to send texts via the assistant on my phone. Everything works! Tasker ask me for the contact in Norwegian, AutoVoice recognizes the Norwegian name correctly, Tasker confirms the name in Norwegian and I dictate the message to Autovoice in Norwegian. Almost everything in AutoVoice works perfectly in Norwegian via the phone! I'm just missing the possibility to do this via Google Home.

The only thing I haven't tried yet, is asking autovoice to start a profile, with my assistant set to Norwegian language. The AutoVoice recognize function under "PROFILES" is the only place I can't seem to find any language options.
    However, I'm guessing autovoice would still recognize the english command, even with Google assistant set to Norwegian, and that I could use routines to get it 100% Norwegian. I haven't tried yet, so that is the only thing I can't confirm

I am a huge fan of your work and support. I can't even start to understand how highly skilled you are to be able to get Google assistant and all these other apps to do all these amazing things. I've said it many times before, but I really appreciate your time, effort and knowledge. Thank you!
    -Vetle

TLDR; I will translate natural language to Norwegian asap. Everything in AutoVoice, except natural language and "Recognize" under "PROFILES" already works in Norwegian. I love your work

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much :) It's awesome seeing people taking advantage of the apps like you do :D Thank you!

Please let me know when the translation is ready so I can try submitting it to Google! Thanks!

vemeno likes this.