AutoWear Sorry for my Noobishness..

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Came99, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Came99

Came99 New Member

.. I am VERY new to Android Wear, and I have a hard time starting the Autowear listening function in any other way than swiping the screen or shaking the watch.

I need to be able to do it through a button on my watchface (not a floating icon), but everytime I press the button it just sends me to the settings instead of the listening screen... And it IS directed to the "autowear" app and not the "autowear settings"

Once again: Sorry for my noobishness.

EDIT: I have now come this far:
    I have made a "phoney app" called "Hal". When clicking this app from the app-list I DO get the Autowear Listening screen! Hooray....

BUT:

When I go to Watchmaker and "pair" the VERY same "Hal" command to an icon, clicking the icon STILL sends me to Autowear setting screen..

What gives? Im going crazy here! It makes absolutely no sense at all.. It should behave the same!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Came99

Came99 New Member

And a follow up question also:
    Do I need to use both the "Ok google" and Autowear listening screens? Or can I make Autowear handle boths functionality?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. Came99

Came99 New Member

Arrrghh.. Im really am going crazy here. I feel way over my head here...
    I now also made a "Jarvis app" that starts the Google voice search. When activating the "Jarvis" app from the app list it works as intended: The google voice search screen appear... But when I assign the very same Jarvis app/command/whateveritscalled to a icon in Watchmaker, pressing that icon ALSO sends me to the Autowear settings.. Just like my above problem with the Autovoice search screen.

I am confused to such a degree that my head is in danger of exploding.

Best regards:
    The old fart on day 3 with a smartwatch.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that. You should probably email the Watchmaker developers so that they can launch the correct app from the launcher. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to change the way Watchmaker behaves :(