Open Still can't delete old messages

Discussion in 'Join' started by Ingme, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Ingme

Ingme New Member

Been using the paid version for almost 2 years and still have the same problem since the beginning: I cannot remove deleted messages/conversations on remote devices/Chrome extension.

I have tried disable/enable SMS service. I have deleted/installed all instances of the app and deleted all files from Google Drive but messages keep coming back (but not on the Google Messages app on the phone). Yesterday was the strangest as I sent a txt via my tablet and it now shows a conversation that was deleted over a year ago.

I again uninstalled all the join apps (2 tablets, chrome ext) and deleted all files from Drive. Reinstalled everything, ran diagnostics….and now 2 old messages/conversations are back. Any ideas what to try next?

2. Ingme

Ingme New Member

Just to follow up, when I go to joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com, one of the old messages is in the SMS list (but not both) and neither message shows up in Google Messages.

3. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Does it help if you re-install the Chrome extension?

4. Ingme

Ingme New Member

It didn’t. At one point I had Join removed from all devices as well as the extension and removed the Join folder from Drive. The only messages on my phone are the current ones I expect. I then added them back one at a time. I believe I added the Chrome extension back first and it (extension) showed my current conversations (from Messages app on phone) and one old deleted conversation. This old conversation also showed up on joinjoaomgcd.appspot.com.

This old conversation is different as it is group conversation that I never had...it was sent to one person - and the recipients are one of my current contacts and the other being my old/discontinued phone number from over 2 years ago which is when the conversation ended. The conversation has never been in my current phone/with new phone number (from 2 years ago). Where might this “stray” conversation be saved as I have deleted Join from everywhere it was used?...somehow on your server or on my phone? (even though the phone wouldn’t have sent a txt to my old discontinued phone number and also the conversation never appeared on the new phone).

: old messages