AutoInput Stop

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Tommy Lind, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Tommy Lind

Tommy Lind New Member

Hi,

Recently found this app and got the idea that I could create a simple interface for my grandparents to automatically run & cast webtv via Chromecast. It is to hard for them to manually start chromecast but a one click solution with large icons should work.

We have two national broadcasters here in my country and they have apps with live tv that supports Chromecast.

I have used Autoinput to simulate clicking each menu and buttons to start the stream and send it to Chromecast, and that works ok, but the problems starts when I want to switch channel and the Chromecast is still streaming another channel. I have to manually stop the cast, and the app before I can start another app.

Is there a way to stop Chromecast and the app that is currently streaming and preferably without a rooted Andorid? I am not able to root my device because the app providers does not allow rooted devices.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

You could try this :)
    Let me know if it works

3. Tommy Lind

Tommy Lind New Member

Hi sorry I should have mentioned that I have tried this but I am not sure what to close. If I force close the app for example netflix while it is casting, it looks like the casting continues anyways. Is there another app I can close that kan make the casting itself stop?

4. joaomgcd

Have you tried simply clicking the cast button in netflix and stopping the casting with AutoInput? :)

5. Tommy Lind

Tommy Lind New Member

I have thought about it but I am not sure how I could do that because if I have for example 5 tasker shortcuts on my desktop. One tasker script for each live tv channel (and Netflix). I am able to start a channel automatically now with Autoinput, but the problem starts when I want to switch channel. I would click the homebutton (still casting video to tv), then I would click the icon to start another channel. In theori I could insert a routine at the top of tasker to always click stop casting first. But there is as far as I know no way to know what was the last channel played and how would I get that app in that is now in the background back in focus?

Also I think that the chromecast icon is not located at the same place in each app (not sure about this)

6. joaomgcd

What if you simply start casting with the new app? It will automatically stop the previous cast, right?

7. Tommy Lind

Tommy Lind New Member

Hmmm, thanks! That is something I did not think of. I will test this when I get home today :)