Open Struggling to get texts to apper to windows 10 pc

Discussion in 'Join' started by Nexxus, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Nexxus

Nexxus New Member

So I am on the look for apps where I can text from my pc, tried some older ones I cant recall, tried Cortana, tried pushbullet tried the official web messenger from google. I have had issues with each of them, so now I am trying Join.

I know you have a chrome extension but I am not a fan of SMS being handled though chrome I like something installed to windows. I was hoping for a standard exe but that's not an option so I tried out the Windows 10 app. I got my phone and pc to "see" each other and I can send a note from the phone to the PC. But I have been unable to get the windows 10 app to show me SMS notifications. It also seems to be struggling to keep updated. I can see my latest message from someone in the preview thing but if I try to open up the convo I am not seeing everything, even the latest message that is previewed. isn't there.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Hi there. I'm sorry, but I just want to be clear. You say

but then say

Can you please clarify if you get the SMS notifications in the Windows notification center?

3. Nexxus

Nexxus New Member

When I open the windows 10 app and I can see all my text conversations I can see the latest text sent, but when I open I specific chat log it isnt updated, hopefully, that makes sense. I dont think I am getting anything in the notification centre at all for sms, no popups or longs of texts. I have been using the chrome one for the last couple days while waiting for a reply so I can't quite remember whats going down but I remember I am not getting popup notifications when texts come in and the convo logs dont seem to be updating.

4. joaomgcd

Ok, can you please check that you are not blocking your Windows PC in the Android app -> Settings -> SMS And Phone Calls -> SMS Devices?

5. Nexxus

Nexxus New Member

I dont have an "SMS devices I have sms and call service which is own, own phone number blocked devices (nothing is blocked)

Under advanced I have history count, snow images in notifications, all texts as MMS, SIM to use and phone notifications.

6. joaomgcd

Oh sorry, I meant blocked devices...

When you send a note to your PC does a notification show up in the windows notification center?

7. Nexxus

Nexxus New Member

Yes it does, just tested it and I get the note.

From what I can tell thus far just texts dont seem to pop up.

8. joaomgcd

And you're sure that the SMS service in the Android app is enabled in Join settings?

9. Nexxus

Nexxus New Member

: windows