AutoRemote SUGGESTION: DroidScript plugins

Discussion in 'Guides / Examples / Ideas Forum' started by supersleeper, Sep 12, 2016.

1. supersleeper

supersleeper New Member

I use AutoRemote religiously, and love it's reliability. I've since started migrating much of my scripts over to DroidScript as it has more of the functionality I need in a more true IDE form. It is lacking, however the ability to remote control the functions. There is a method to have Tasker send an intent to DroidScript, but I believe this would be much more reliable if there were an AutoRemote plugin available directly for DroidScript. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and would be happy to test in alpha/beta.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Just to be clear, you'd like there to a be a way to call AutoRemote from DroidScript, correct?

3. supersleeper

supersleeper New Member

Actually, bi-directional would be nice, but I'm looking to activate functions in Droidscript remotely, i,e, send a URL on the google page and have DroidScript launch a function. I'm doing this now with Tasker, but I'm moving away from Tasker to DroidScript since it has native serial over OTG and Hex capabilities.

4. supersleeper

supersleeper New Member

FWIW, DroidScript already has the ability to call URL, so AutoRemote would work in that respect, but it's the opposite I want to accomplish where the URL causes a DroidScript function to activate.

5. supersleeper

supersleeper New Member

Was wondering if there was any interest or progress with this? Steve Garmen from DroidScript made it openly available to port tasked plugins.

6. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, unfortunately I do not have much time on my hands :( Where did you see that he made it open to Tasker plugins?