AutoVoice Task responding when precision set to 1, but not when higher

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by jdvb, Oct 14, 2015.

1. jdvb

jdvb New Member

Hi, all of my tasks run perfectly well when I set the precision to 1, but fail when I set them higher.

How exactly does precision work?
    I thought it would send separate recognized strings, since my tasks fail when precision is higher then one, I assume it's one string containing all possible matches.

What is the suggested method of handling higher precision (default 5).
    Always post and prefix matching patterns with stars?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Can you please try this:
    - clear logs in AutoVoice
    - enable system logs
    -do command that has precision 1
    -export logs and paste them here

Thanks!

All precision does is ignore results if set lower :) So, if you set it to 1 it only takes into account the first possible recognition. If you set it to 5 it takes into account all possible recognitions.

3. jdvb

jdvb New Member

Logs in e-mail. (with precision at default, 5 and a log with precision 1)

I did get one step further, when setting condition to default, that works for english conditions.
    Dutch conditions or words in general don't get recognized at all from inside the app (setting on continuous), they do get recognized when I turn it on and of from within tasker.
    I did three attempts in the logs (e-mail, precision 5):
    'tell me a joke' from within autovoice (setting continuous on, task lauched)
    'zaklamp aan' from within autovoice (setting continuous on, recognized weird stuff like fuck up, not a single dutch word found, not at all what I said)
    'zaklamp aan' from starting continuous from tasker, task did not launch

on the third attempt two tasks were recognized as possible tasks, though not fired.
    'zaklamp aan' (turns flashlight on + flash 'zaklamp aan')
    'zaklamp uit' (turns flashlight off + flash 'zaklamp uit')
    No flashes shown, on other attempts only one task was recognized, and also nothing happened.

At work atm so not going to shout to the phone, and the test only returns one possibility.
    In general google tends to understand me pretty well, so only having a precision of 1 is not a big deal, especially showing that both turning my flashlight on and off can get recognized from speaking 'zaklamp aan'.

For the attempt with precision 1 I also set the flashlight to toggle with just the word 'zaklamp' as that word did get recognized while whispering.
    It fired and showed a flash.

Most of the tasks in the profile 'assistent' are in dutch, things like 'lampen aan' (lights on). 'bel mijn vrouw' (call my wife).
    For as far as I can see now, non of the dutch commands fire when precision is set to more then 1.

I created a profile that turns on continuous listening when the screen goes on, and then waits for 10 seconds, and turns it off.
    Since this also works on the lock screen, I can do all sorts of useful stuff without unlocking my phone.

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What exactly doesn't work like you expected it to? :)

5. jdvb

jdvb New Member

When I launch a task, it works with precision 1, but not with a higher precision when the language is dutch (secondary language).

In testing this, the autovoice app shows different behavior from what tasker shows, being, not a single dutch word gets recognized, as if it does not support the language. (In Google voice search both languages are defined, English primary, Dutch secondary).

: precision