Tasker profile for Autoshare stays active

Discussion in 'Tasker' started by jd_abramson, Dec 18, 2015.

1. jd_abramson

jd_abramson New Member

Hello,
    How do I get Tasker to clear the active profile for Autoshare so that I can trigger the task multiple times in row? The goal is to be able to share Twitter and RSS feeds to Linkedin. The newest version of Linkedin has taken out the ability for sharing via the Andriod GUI. The issue is that, once I make a share via "Autoshare Command", Tasker keeps the profile active and will not reset the profile. Screenshots attached.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the great app.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Use the event condition instead of the state condition :) Hope this helps

3. jd_abramson

jd_abramson New Member

Checking "Event Behaviour" Box resolved the problem.. Thank you for the reply.

[​IMG]

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Nice :) You should use the "real" event condition though, as it's generally faster than that. Check here for more info: http://joaoapps.com/faq/

Why do some AutoApps have events but also states with “Event Behaviour”? Isn’t that the same thing?
    Yes it is. upload_2015-12-23_9-51-13.png Well, almost.

When plugins appeared for Tasker, there was no event condition. So, to get around that, plugins used a “fake” event which was a state that quickly turned itself on and off to simulate an event.

When events came along, “event behaviour” states needed to be kept because I didn’t want to break every existing profile that was already using them.

In short always use true Event conditions when available. “Event Behaviour” states are slower and only exist for historical reasons.

5. jd_abramson

jd_abramson New Member

I used you advise and happy with the results. I setup the Tasker profile using "event" instead of "state". Thank you for the follow up post.