AutoVera Thermostat variables %avheat() and %avcool()

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Phat, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Phat

Phat New Member

First, I just want to say I'm new to the home automation scene, but I'm loving the integration of AutoApps with Tasker. It took a couple hours to learn the basics of everything, but after that things have started to click!
    I made a simple task to prompt Tasker for the current setpoint of my thermostat. I have a few scenes in Vera (UI7) that I use throughout the day and when gone for extended periods of time. In these scenes, I set the mode to Auto and set specific cool and heat setpoints. The problem is the Vera app only displays the cool setpoint, so the only way to tell what the heat setpoint is set to is to check the thermostat directly (or checking Vera from a PC).
    With Tasker and the AutoVera plugin, I thought I would be able to check the individual thermostat setpoints using the %avheat() and %avcool() variables. However, when I check those variables, I get the same value for both - which turns out to be the cool setpoint. Same goes for the %avsetpoint() variable. Any advice on how to get the heat setpoint value without creating new scenes using Heat and Cool modes instead of Auto?

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I don't have a thermostat myself. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you!

3. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

It appears the variable ModeStatus (from Vera) dicates which set point is delivered. Either cool or heat. I looked at the status updates in the AV logs and changed the temperature (I'm on heat setting now) and the service is SetPoint1_Heat and the variable in the logs is CurrentSetpoint.
    So the ModeStatus determines which variable you see information on.

4. TomTcom

TomTcom Member

I'm betting the other setpoints are locally stored to the controller itself when that temp mode isn't active.