AutoVera Toggle dimmer with status update widget

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by rmitsos, Sep 2, 2016.

1. rmitsos

rmitsos New Member

Hi to all

I try to make a widget to be used as a toggler which updates on status change. The problem is mostly my understanding about how Tasker handles the action (toggle on-off switch) and status-update on a single widget. I've successfully made the part with the toggle but I'm struggling with the update and how the widget changes the icon or appears a text when on-off. I have already read the instructions many times and I feel very bad because they are so analytical that normally shouldn't have any problem.

In brief I've made the following :
    * A task named Dimmer which toggles my device. As a stand-alone it works like a charm having a static icon linked to a widget.
    * A profile AutoVera Status which is linked to a new Task: DimmerUpd. This task carries the if-then-else logic for switching the icon according to status that it supposed to get from Vera.

Are the above-mentioned correct or am I missing something ? How are tasks Dimmer (toggler) and DimmerUpd (updater) linked as a single action ?
    I really apologize if these questions fall mostly into how Tasker works but your valuable feedback will help me to understand the logic behind building vera actions and scenes.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

3. rmitsos

rmitsos New Member

The profile export :

Profile: AutoVera Dimmer (8)
    Event: AutoVera Status Update [ Configuration:Vera: dimi
    Device: Balcony dimmer
    Service: Power Switch
    Variable: Status ]
    Enter: DimmerUpd (4)
    A1: If [ %avnewstatus eq 1 ]
    A2: Else If [ %avnewstatus eq 0 ]
    A3: Set Widget Label [ Name:Off Label: ]
    A4: End If

Yes I've read all of them and this is the reason I feel a bit stupid .....:confused: because I know it's there and it works ....

Thanx for your assistance and patience !!

4. rmitsos

rmitsos New Member

I've tested other devices as well for just receiving a status update and seems that I'm not able to get any. How can I check that AutoVera is operational from vera-controller ? I can set a value but I can't retrieve an update.

5. rmitsos

rmitsos New Member

Ok I found it. I had a missing point on my Task Update action/Set Widget Icon, where I had to add (using the magnifying glass) the task that toggles the switch.

6. joaomgcd

So it's ok now? :) Sorry for the delay.

7. rmitsos

rmitsos New Member

Yes it is. I missed a basic point where I had to point the Widget Icon Set --> to the actual widget so Tasker didn't know where to apply the new icon.
    That was due to my ignorance and of-course not an Autovera issue.

One last question. Is it normal that there's a slight delay like say 3 sec to toggle a switch ?

Thank you

8. joaomgcd

Yes, that's normal unfortunately. There's lots of steps to make it toggle so it's normal that it takes a few seconds to do it :)

: toggle, update