Open Toggle screen capture improvement?

Discussion in 'Join' started by DoruK, Apr 21, 2019.

1. DoruK

DoruK New Member

Hello, I'm a new user of this great "Join" app. While trying the app I noticed a few things that I would like to highlight for improvement. On the phone side everything is fine, but on the Chrome add-on side when the "Toggle screen capture" item is selected, the command is sent and the capture starts, has a delay and is not quite clear whether the capture has started or not. So one clicks or more times, so either the capture will stop prematurely or as it happened to me, it stayed on and caught the show and didn't know about it. It would be good if there was some "ice" in the "Toggle screen capture" menu to indicate that the capture was triggered or stopped.
    It would not hurt the choice of mpg video compression if it is possible to save space or select a resolution, someone has a 2K or 4K screen on the phone and an unnecessary large video that doesn't need it (someone just HD). I know it can be edited later, but it takes more time and the size of the mpg file to download to the PC takes longer.

Today I found out that when I send "Toggle screen capture", a "Java error screen capture" message (or similar) may appear on the phone screen, possibly related to the start stop green capture execution. Perhaps in the moment of sending a new command the service has not yet been stopped.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member