AutoInput Touchless Hangouts

Learn how you can chat in hangouts without ever needing to touch your phone.

1. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

joaomgcd submitted a new AutoApps project:

Touchless Hangouts - Learn how you can chat in hangouts without ever needing to touch your phone.

Read more about this project...

2. Mitchell Llora

Mitchell Llora New Member

I think with your step by step instructions I can create what I want. What I want is when my phone connects to my car's bluetooth, get a voice prompt that says "Where do you want to go?" Then I reply and it opens Google Maps and picks the fastest route and shows the directions & traffic. What do you think? Is it possible?

3. joaomgcd

Yes, it is very possible :)
    Use the AutoLocation Map action to do that with the location you say.
    Let me know if you need more help

Thanks

lostmedic likes this.
  4. Drewmey

Drewmey New Member

Hi. First off, love your apps and am using many of them. I recently bought this Touchless Hangouts set of profiles and it is working very well for me. I wanted to let you know about a suggestion I had though.

I am one of those people who still texts with correct grammar and punctuation. By saying "comma", "question mark" etc. I can get pretty decent punctuation. A huge bug of mine is that voice recognition never capitalizes the beginning of my sentences. So in the "Write Text" profile's task, I have inserted a "Variable Convert -> %avcommnofilter, Function To Upper Case First" right after the Wait. This starts my text with a capital letter. It is something to at least consider including within the "Touchless Hangouts" system.

Really enjoying your work! Thanks!

5. Justin R Harrison

Justin R Harrison New Member

I am having issue with it. When it ask me to reply or the dismiss. it doesn't do a thing. It will read the Contact and the message. Once it gets to the Reply or dismiss part won't do a thing.

6. solquest

solquest Member

Hello.
    Thanks for this amazing guide.
    I'd like to have this only when my earplugs are connected and having as trigger their media button.
    Checking in the Event I can't find it -only Button Widget, Button Camera and Button Long search.
    How can I do it?
    Thanks.

7. ashsmh

ashsmh New Member

Hi, I tried setting up this profile. It is not working properly. Can you please share your profile? Thanks.

8. ArgusMcJohnsten

ArgusMcJohnsten New Member

Piggy backing on this thread, as it came up from a google search. I use hangouts for all of my messaging, and what I'm wanting to do is: if I get a message while bluetooth is on and I'm moving, auto reply with "I'm driving, currently at [location]"
    I had a similar set up years ago, only using tasker and carrier text messaging, that would send a link to a google map of where I was.

Thanks,

9. joaomgcd

10. solquest

solquest Member

Hello.
    I'm trying to set this profile, but when I test it, when I have to say 'reply' or 'dismiss' everything I say is not understood and I get the notification: "AutoVoice Failed. AutoVoice couldn't use your microphoine. Check that no other app is using it. If you're using GEL disable background voice recognition for AutoVoice to work on yiour home screen".
    Under Setings/Language and input/Voice input I've selected AutoVoice Hotword Detection instead of Google Speech-to-Text.
    I've tried enabling AutoVoice Google Now Integration under Accessibility service but nothing changes.
    What do I miss?
    Thanks.

11. solquest

solquest Member

I've enabled AutoVoice system log, tried again and checked logs. Here is what I've found:
    Trigger Words
    Current trigger words:
    Added trigger words:
    Licensing
    Checking licence in AutoApps
    AutoApps
    Checking licence in AutoApps
    Recognition
    Getting Voice command...

Recognizer:
    Not using headset
    Action: com.twofortyfouram.locale.intent.action.FIRE_SETTING

I've not AutoApps installed and I'm in trial period for AutoVoice.
    Will I have this problem also in Full version?
    Thanks.

12. solquest

solquest Member

Hello.
    I've solved that problem but now I'm stucked in the Step 5 - IF Reply.
    Whatever I say, it never enter the IF part. I've tried writing the avcomm variable on a popup before that IF, but even if it's exactely the same of the avcomm, I don't enter.
    Whats' wrong?
    You can find the screen shot attached.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

13. solquest

solquest Member

Found: in the If action I set "%avcomm matches Sì" and it didn't work, but if I set "%avcomm matches sì" it works!