AutoWear Trigger with Google Fit Workout?

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by faxmado, Feb 1, 2018.

1. faxmado

faxmado New Member

So, let me qualify this by stating that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I've walked through the tutorials and read through the forums. However, I'm still unsure if this is achievable. I saw a thread about using AutoInput to turn on/off tilt to wake and I also see that secure settings can toggle on/off the always on display. Basically, what I'd like to do is toggle tilt to wake off and AOD on when a Google Fit workout begins, then off again when it ends. Is this something that's possible with AutoWear in conjunction with AutoInput?

2. theswordsmahin

theswordsmahin New Member

I haven't played around with updating those settings, so for the sake of this I will assume updating those settings is possible and explain how I could see it working with AutoWear. What you want to do is achievable, though probably not quite as directly as you would hope. As far as I know, AutoWear can't determine when other apps are opened on your watch, however if you use AutoWear to open the app, then you would know when its opened and could handle everything appropriately.

You'll basically want to make a few different AutoWear items,
    - something to send the command 'start fit workout'. this could be a menu item in a list, or whatever youd like
    - an 'app' to receive the command and open google fit
    - a 'settings' to receive the command and update your settings. I believe you can only do one setting at a time, but I could be wrong

You'd then need a way to trigger it ending, which would work very similarly to the above, just without opening an app. For what its worth what I would do would probably be to create a notification in addition to the above actions when you start a workout. This notification could have the action "Stop workout" associated with pressing it to restore your original settings. This way you wouldnt need another menu entry somewhere for stopping the workout.

That's my 2 cents anyways, hope it helps!