AutoAlarm Unable to get Alarm Data with Task if Scheduled

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by Gary T. Giesen, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Gary T. Giesen

Gary T. Giesen New Member

I have Tasker/AutoAlarm set to make some rest calls to a web server everyday at 04:00 to set some variables with my next alarm time for my home automation system.

Everything works fine if I run the task manually, but if I let it run scheduled it's unable to get the data. This used to work fine, I believe it may have broken after I upgraded to Android Marshmallow.

I'm running this on a Galaxy Note 4, and I use Gentle Alarm as my alarm clock. Any ideas on how I might go about correcting this?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

What part exactly doesn't work when the schedule runs? Does the REST call still work?

3. Gary T. Giesen

Gary T. Giesen New Member

Yes I believe the rest call works, the problem is all of the variables are empty

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

4. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that I can't control. What happens if you test AutoAlarm in the main app?

5. Fibs

Fibs New Member

Same here. Every day 06:00 tasker gets the next alarm from autoalarm. Worked fine on Android 6 and stopped working after upgrade to 7.0
    Everything related to tasker is whitelisted in the power options.

When started manually it works fine.
    Tested with a simple notification. Manually started it reads the next alarm. And at 06:00 it reads "÷raw" since the variable is not set.