Solved Unexpected Error w/Windows 10 App

Discussion in 'Join' started by Double, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Double

Double New Member

This message keeps popping up from Join, what is all this gibberish and why am I the user having to see it? This is developer speak, I don't speak developer :confused:

Method 'HardwareIdentification.GetPackageSpecificToken(IBuffer)' was not included in compilation, but was referenced in DeviceContextReader.GetDeviceUniqueId(). There may have been a missing assembly.
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.DeviceContextReader.GetDeviceUniqueId()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.DeviceContextInitializer.Initialize(ApplicationInsights.DataContracts.TelemetryContext context)
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.TelemetryClient.CreateInitializedContext()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.TelemetryClient.get_Context()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.TelemetryClient.Track(ApplicationInsights.Channel.ITelemetry telemetry)
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.Windows.SessionTelemetryModule.Track(ApplicationInsights.DataContracts.SessionState state, String id, DateTimeOffset timestamp)
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.Windows.SessionTelemetryModule.TrackSessionState()
    at Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.Extensibility.Windows.SessionTelemetryModule.HandleApplicationStartedEvent(Object sender, Object e)
    at System.Action<System.Threading.Tasks.Task,System.Object>.Invoke(Threading.Tasks.Task arg1, Object arg2)
    at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x5641d2
    at SharedLibrary!<BaseAddress>+0x565824

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Sorry about that.

The reason you're seeing that is so that you can send it to me so I can try to fix it.

Thanks, I'll try to figure it out and fix it!

João

3. joaomgcd

Ok, I've updated the app. Hopefully tomorrow you should get the update. Hope it's fixed!

4. Double

Double New Member

I understand, but surely there is a better way to send this info to you, that doesn't involve the user copy/pasting and opening a thread?

Thanks for the response, will look out for it and report back after trying it out for a day or two.

5. joaomgcd

Unfortunately I didn't come up with a better way... :) What would you suggest? Something that runs in the background without the user knowing about it?