AutoNotification Variable Updating

Discussion in 'AutoApps' started by bmello777, May 13, 2018.

1. bmello777

bmello777 Member

I know that a task can be created w/ AutoNotification when a notification is created, cancelled or both. How about when a notification is updated?

I still use widgets on my homescreen/lockscreen to keep track of any music I have playing. I am able to receive artist/album information when a notification is created and able to store that in a global variable.

How about when the song changes, tho? And the notification is updated w/ new metadata information?

I used to be able to display all metadata, including CDart, on my zooper widget w/ an app called MediaUtilities. Was also able to pause/play, change tracks. This worked perfectly in my car w/ zooper widget. When music was playing, the widget's opacity was set to full and displayed Artist, album, track, progress, CDart, App Playing the media and much, much more. However, this app hasn't been updated in several years and doesn't work w/ recent versions of Android.

I"m sure I can do this w/ AutoNotification and AutoTools, just don't know how to update the variable when the track changes to the next track on it's own.

2. joaomgcd

joaomgcd Administrator Staff Member

Technically a notification is never really updated on Android :) A new one is created and it overwrites the previous one if it has the same ID.

So to answer your question, it's the same creation event.

Hope this clarifies it!